The College telephone system allows staff to hold conference calls for up to 10 participants. This can include both internal and external callers.
To run a Telephone Conference using MXIE.
1. Open MXIE
2. Go to Conference - > My Conferences
3. Click ‘Schedule new Conference’
4. For a once off conference, select the type as ‘Once’. This will mean you can specify a time and date that the conference will be open for. People will not be able to call in before or after the specified time.
If you change this to Ongoing, this means the conference will be available immediately, and will be available until you delete the conference from ‘My Conferences’, and people can dial in using the same conference code.
5. Untick the box ‘End call when host leaves’, otherwise the call will disconnect when you leave the conference or if you get disconnected.
6. Click ‘Save and Invite’
This will launch a new meeting request email message with the details of the conference call which you can send to the invited participants.
During the conference,
You can use MXIE to view the connected participants of the conference
You can use the microphone icon at the right hand side of the participant list to mute that participant, and to unmute them.
You can use the tape icon under the conference to record, and the hand icon to put the conference call on hold.
The X icon will disconnect you from the conference. Depending on your selection when you set up the conference, this may also disconnect the other participants.
If you want to Pay for a conference call attendees phone call, you can dial out to the attendee, and then add them to the conference using MXIE. (this will require you to enter your pin number for each call, which will then be charged back to your department)
1. Create the conference and join it
2. On your telephone, press L2 (line 2) and dial the overseas party as if you would a normally phone call
3. In MXIE, you will see both the conference call, and the overseas call in the call window
4. Use your mouse, to drag the overseas call onto the conference call.
The overseas call will now be part of the conference call.