In Windows 10, you need to open up the Printers & Scanners window to set one of your already installed printers as the default printer.
- Click on the Windows icon on your taskbar.
- Search for Printers & Scanners by typing in Printers & Scanners
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of installed printers and make sure "Let Windows manage my default printer" is unchecked.
4. Click on the printer you want to set as the default, and click on ‘Manage’
5. Click on the option to ‘Set as Default’
6. All done, You can close down the window and try to print. Your default printer should automatically be chosen.