If you are traveling overseas, you will need to have an international data bundle applied to your phone. You can do this before you go by calling Digital Island on 0800 999 010 and ask to add a Roaming Pack. NOTE: this will be charged to your department budget.
Please read this page for information on Data Roaming with Digital Island.
Ensure that the country you is part of the Roaming Pack countries. If it is not, then you will be charged standard roaming charges.
Data Roaming is what can cost the most, if you have this turned on and you do not have a Roaming Pack.
If you are overseas, and you do not want to use Data Roaming, then you should turn off Data Roaming on your iPhone. To do this:
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings
2. Scroll down, choose Mobile Data
3. Choose Mobile Data Options
4. Disable Data Roaming
Get help when you have roaming issues during international travel
- Turn on Airplane Mode for about 30 seconds. Then turn it off again and let your iPhone automatically select the best network.
- If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Tap Cellular Data Options and make sure that Data Roaming is on. Then, to check that international roaming is turned on for your account, contact your carrier.
- If the date and time are wrong after you arrive, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. Make sure that Set Automatically is turned on.
Still need help? If so, here's what to do:
- Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes.
- Tap the carrier that you want.
- Go back to the main Settings screen and wait for your iPhone or iPad to connect to the network.
- If you still need help, try a different SIM card or contact your carrier for more information.