If you get an error where the Print Queue on your computer shows the print job status as 'Hold for Authentication' or 'Waiting for authentication' or 'Authentication required' etc, please use the following steps to fix this problem on your computer.
You need to remove your password for that printer from your MacBook's Keychain.
1. Find the Printer on your Dock, showing the print job with the error. Press X next to the print job to delete the print job.
2. Use your Spotlight Search feature at the top right of your screen and search for "Keychain Access" and open this application.
3. In Keychain Access, click login on the left hand side, then type in the search bar at the top right 'printserver'. This will show you the entries that you need to delete from your keychain.
4. You should see a list of all of the print queues on your computer. Select each one, and go to Edit -> Delete. This will delete the remembered password for that printer.
5. Try to print again. This time, when you print you will be prompted for your College username and password. After you enter it, tick Remember this password in my keychain to save it.
NOTE: It is important that you enter in your username correctly. Exactly as you would when you log into myCollege.
- For Students, this is your College ID number e.g. 3xxxxx
- For Staff, this is your College username e.g. john.smith
- Do not add @stcuthberts.school.nz after your username