Default Print Settings to Grayscale, Mac OS X: Adobe Reader
How to set up Colour or grayscale printing options on your Macintosh computer using Adobe Reader:
1. In your .PDF document, go to File >> Print.
2. Near the bottom-left corner, select Printer…
3. A message will pop up as shown below. Select Yes to continue.
4. Another window will appear that is more similar to other print menus. As with other applications, select Show Details in the green box to expand the print options.
5. You can now use the same printer options window as you do with your other Applications, and select Colour and Single-sided printing etc.