For this example we will extract student details from Class Maintenance.
For instruction on how to then extract their Parent Email addresses see article:
Extracting Email Addresses from Synergetic to Excel
A variety of class lists are available in Synergetic as crystal reports, however data can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet, in addition, you may also want to include students who have left and/or been moved out of the class:
With Synergetic open
- Click Students and select Class Maintenance
- Set Criteria to search for your class
- File Type: select Academic, Service, Drama groups etc.,
- Class Code: partial searches will return more results
- Staff Code: remove your staff code if you're looking for classes other than your own
- In the left pane, select the class, then in the right panel click Students
- If you would like to view all student who have left and/or moved from the class, un-check the Active Students Only option
- Right-click on any student then select Copy Grid Contents to Excel ...
- Click OK
- An Excel spreadsheet will open, containing the class list of students
- This article uses the extraction of Parent email as the example