Surveys in myCollege record data which persists from year to year. If you have a survey you have used previously, you can export the survey with its from myCollege, and then import this survey with its questions into a survey on a different page.
Generally surveys should be added to your class page. A course is a good place to store the template of a survey
How do I export a survey?
- Go to the page which has a copy of the survey on it
- Click the pencil icon to Modify the Survey
- From the three-dot-menu, choose Export
This will create a file in your Downloads folder. The name of the file will be the name of the survey, followed by some numbers indicating the date and time you created the export, and .xml EG Mathematics_feedback-20190827110608.xml
How do I create a new survey and import my questions?
- Go to the page where you want your survey to appear (generally this will be your class page. If you put your survey onto a course page, the results will not be cleared at the end of the year)
- Unlock the page for editing, and click the + icon to see the available componets
- Click the Collaboration tab
- Click Surveys and Forms
- Click Create a form or survey
- Set the Open and Close dates
- From the three-dot-menu, choose Import from XML file
- Click Choose File, then after you have selected a file, click Import from XML file
After you have imported your survey with its questions you can make any changes if needed.