We have wireless presentation systems available across the campus including classrooms, Boardroom, the Joan Holland Auditorium and Clouston hall.
Follow the simple process below to get things ready for your guest.
1. Create a Guest WiFi Code
Staff can set up Guest WiFi codes using our Guest WiFi Portal https://visitor.stcuthberts.school.nz/guest or use the link on your myCollege dashboard
When you've created the Guest WiFi code, you can email it to the guest in advance
2. Vivi - 'Invite Guest Presenter"
- Open Vivi on your device
- Choose the Room you want to give the Guest Access to
- Click the 'person' icon at the top right of the Vivi app window
- Choose how long you want the Guest to have access, and click Create Guest Code
- Give this code to your guest, and they will be able to use this to log into Vivi as a Guest and present to the room.
Vivi Guest codes are available for up to 24 hours, so you can create this in advance and send the code before your guest arrives.
3. Your Guest connects to the College Guest WiFi
When your guest arrives, they can connect to the College Guest WiFi network using the guest code you created for them. If you or they have forgotten the code, you can log back into the Guest Portal and reset the password.
Your guest is now connected to the College's wireless network and can access the Internet.
4. Your Guest connects to Vivi
Ask your guest to go to https://app.vivi.io on their computer. They'll be asked to confirm that they want to connect to St Cuthbert's College
At the next screen, click Log In as Guest
Then they can enter the Guest Code you have given them, and their name
NOTE: Presenter devices need to have their battery settings set to prevent the device from going to sleep automatically as Vivi does not prevent the device from sleeping due to inactivity which in turn would disable the shared screen. Follow the instructions below to change these settings.
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner.
- Click on System Settings/System Preferences.
- Search for "Battery" and click on the Battery tab.
- Click and hold on the slider next to Display Sleep and drag it to the right to increase the amount of time before the device goes to sleep. This can be dragged all the way to Never for the presentation. This setting can be changed back after the presentation is over.
- Do the same in the Power Adapter tab if the device is going to be plugged in.
- Click on the search bar at the bottom left corner of Windows.
- Search for and click on "Power and sleep settings".
- Set each Screen and Sleep setting to Never. This can be changed back after the presentation is over.