ISSUE: Parents are appearing as Participants in Assessment Tasks
CAUSE: some class pages have Parent-groups connected to them (usually Tutor Group classes). When adding a new Assessment Task the parents are also included in the Assessment Task.
|Once you have imported a new assessment task to your class page you can quickly check for this issue in the Course Outline, i.e., in the following example there are 22 students in the Class however, the newly added Assessment Task shows 60.|
To remove Parent Participants from an Assessment Task:
- Click the Actions button to the right of the Assessment Task and select Modify
- Scroll downwards, toward the bottom of the Assessment Task then, click the down-arrow next to Participation and Learning Plans
- You will see a list of Participants which includes Students and Parents. Enter a check-mark next to the Parents
- Towards the top-right of the list, click the down-arrow next to Modify Participation and select Exclude from assessment
- The text (excluded) will appear to the right of the Parent name and the check marks will have disappeared, to save your changes, click the Update button towards the bottom of the page
You will be returned to your class page and the number of students participating in the Assessment Task will be updated.