There are three steps to enrol your Mac into Intune.
1. Remove pre-existing profiles (If this is a new laptop or if you don't have Self Service - move to Step 2)
- Open the Terminal app from within your launchpad search bar
- Type sudo jamf removeFramework
- Press Enter
- You will be asked to enter your password. Enter your computer password. As you do this the characters won't display on the screen.
- Press Enter when you have finished entering your password
If your mac does not ask you to enter a password or says command not found, move onto step 2.
2. Install Company Portal app
- Go to Enroll My Mac.
- The Company Portal installer .pkg file will download. Open the installer and continue through the steps.
- Agree to the software license agreement.
- Enter your device password or registered fingerprint to install the software.
- Open Company Portal.
3. Enroll your Mac
Sign in to Company Portal with your school account.
When the app opens, select Begin.
Review what your organization can and can't see on your enrolled device. Then select Continue.
On the Install management profile screen, select Download profile.
Your device's system preferences will open.
a. Select Install and then select Install again.
b. If you’re prompted to, enter your device password.
Once the profile is installed, it will appear in the profiles list under Management Profile.
Return to Company Portal.
You may see a screen asking you to update your device settings. When you're done updating settings, select Retry.
When setup is complete, select Done.
Now you should restart your computer
After restarting you should see a new app called Managed Software Centre, check your Launchpad if you don't see the icon in your dock, in Managed Software Centre you can download the printers and apps you need.