The following instructions are to enable you to take a video file form your computer and make it into a DVD that can be played on other computers or standard DVD players.
- A computer with a DVD drive (An external DVD drive connected via USB will be suitable if your computer does not have an internal one).
- Application called "Burn". This is available from Self Service for Mac Users.
- The original video file and a blank DVD-R or DVD-RW
- Launch Burn on your computer.
- Drag your movie file into the Burn window.
- It may prompt you to convert the file format. This is because Burn requires the file to be in .mpg format for burning to disc. Allow it to convert and select a place to save the converted file.
- Once the file is converted, it should be visible in the burn window.
- Use the textbox at the top of the window to name your DVD what you like.
- Insert a blank DVD to your drive.
- Click Burn in the bottom right of the window
- Leave the default setting and click burn on the popup window.
- Once complete, your DVD is able to be played in a standard DVD player.