Synweb is an online version of Synergetic accessible via the internet. Tutor teachers can use Synweb to access Absence Events for their Tutor Group class of students. Tutor teachers are encouraged to login during TG classes on a Tuesday or Thursday.
To Login to Synweb and access the Absence Events Maintenance
- Login with your college Username and Password
Note: the Username field may pre-fill with stcuthberts\ in front of your username, if it does, delete it
- Click Students then select Absence Events Maintenance from the drop-down menu
- Select a Date range, Form class then click Search
(the Date range is to include the preceding week)
- In the Filter options (located towards the top left-hand corner), click All Absence Events then select Unexplained Absence Events from the drop-down options.
- Should any Unexplained Absences, they will be displayed alphabetically (A-Z) by the surname of the student (see the Name column).
You may re-order the list by clicking on a grey column header.
Update the Absence Event records
Tutor teachers are encouraged to discuss unexplained absences with the student, verify legitimate absences and update the Absence Event records accordingly.
Absences that are not condoned are to be escalated to the Dean of House.
- Select a students absence event record by checking the box to the far left side of the students name
Hint: you can check multiple student records, where the Absence Type, Reason and Comments are to be the same
- Click in Absence Type (drop-down menu) and select your option
- Click in Reason (drop-down menu) and select your option
- Enter brief notes in the Comment field
- Click Apply to save your changes
If you're unsure which Absence Type, Reason and/or what is considered appropriate for the Comments field, please contact Gail Morrison