Classwize system is a premium classroom management tool providing teachers with visibility and control over internet access in your classroom.
Once you log into the Classwize portal, you can create internet access policies for your classes to allow them access to a specific website or category. You can turn these policies off as you need to and only for the class session.
2. When at School, you will automatically be logged into Classwize using your College account
3. Once you are logged in, you will be presented with a home screen which lists all of your Classes. These will be the same classes you see in Teacher Dashboard. Each class will contain all of the students timetabled to that class. What we will do is open one of these classes, and create internet browsing rules for the students in that specific class.
5. Click on the button next to the class name
6. Select a session length. This is the length of time this class will stay active for before it automatically removes your custom internet access rules and student internet access goes back to normal. You can also stop the session manually once on the next screen.
7. The Classwize control panel will open. You can now create a Bypass code which your students can use to access the blocked student websites, such as Youtube etc.
Click on Bypass Code, and select the duration of how long you would like the bypass code to last for.
You can now give this bypass code to the students. The code can be used by any student, not just students in the class you opened.
Students can go to my.linewize.net and select Bypass Code. They can enter the bypass code in order to Bypass the website restrictions.
Q & A
Q. How can I turn the internet OFF for my students in class?
A. You can open your class in Classwize, and 'Lock' the internet for specific students, or the Full classroom.
The internet will become unlocked at the end of the session (the time you selected when you started the class session), or when you click 'Unlock'