Some staff have reported that they have trouble printing when using Synergetic on the RDS Server. The main problem has been that they either:
1. Do not have the correct printers installed on their RDS server
2. Do not have a default printer set on the RDS Server
To set your default printer in the RDS Server
1. Open your RDS session, then…
2.Click on the Windows icon on the lower left of the screen, and select ‘Devices and Printers’
3. . You will see your ‘installed printers’ list. Double click on the printer you wish to set as the default.
(If the printer you need is not listed here, and you need help to install it, please contact the ILT Helpdesk. We suggest you simply set the Follow-me-anywhere as your default printer on the RDS Server. You can then print and release from any College printer)
4. . The printer you selected will open as a window, then... On the menu bar, select Printer -> Set as Default Printer
DONE: Now when you print from Synergetic, this will be set as the printer that Synergetic will print to.
If you require further assistance, please contact the ILT Helpdesk or email firstname.lastname@example.org