NOTE: CURRENTLY ONLY YEAR 7 AND YEAR 8 STUDENTS ARE CONNECTED TO THE CYBERHOUND SYSTEM
Classroom Control makes it simple for teachers and staff supervising students to manage their students access to digital content online.
- Opening of specific sites that are currently blocked by the school’s web filtering policies.
- Making sites available only to the students in the class.
- Access for a restricted period of time e.g. making the length of the lesson 45 mins.
- Control to disable access to other sites other than lesson sites.
- Individual students into and out of Classroom Control.
Teachers can also view a summary of websites and videos which students have accessed during the Class session.
1. Open Cyberhound Classroom Control website. You must be on campus to access this service.
2. Create a new Class. You can make more than one class for different subjects, or you can just make 1 class and use that when you need to give your students additional access.
3. Open the new Class, and either add specific web URL's (by copying and pasting into the field), or you can add a whole Domain* name, eg www.youtube.com
4. Set the time you want this Classroom Control session to last, up to 2 hours.
5. Optionally, you can specify whether to block all other website access during this class. This will mean students will only be able to access sites which you have specified in the list.
6. Give the 4 digit code to your students. this is the number next to the name of the classroom you created. When students try to access a site which is blocked, they can enter that code, or alternatively they can go to lesson.localnetwork.zone and type it in, to enter the classroom session.
As students enter the Classroom using the code, you will see them show up in the Classroom Control portal, under 'Accepted Students'
*NOTE - When adding a whole domain, use the drop down arrow next to 'Add URL' to select 'Add Whole Domain'
Example 1 - Creating a Classroom and adding specific website URL's
Example 2 - Allowing all of Youtube to your Classroom
In this video, I am creating a rule to allow all of Youtube. I click the arrow next to 'Add URL' and i choose 'Add Whole Domain'
I also add a rule for Twitter, and then I demonstrate how you can delete an entry from the allow list.
Example 3 - Viewing a students internet summary
As a staff member, you can access the Cyberhound Live portal, where you can search for a student, and view a summary of their internet access. If the student has had access to youtube, you can view a list of the videos which they have viewed.
In this example, I load up the summary of a test student, by typing in the ID number. I can then see the Youtube Analytics for that student, and a summary of the websites they have viewed. I can also change the time frame i want to view the summary for.
Example 4 - Adding a link to myCollege
When you add a URL link to a website on your course page in myCollege, that URL will automatically become allowed when students click on that link. Eg. If I want my students to view a specific Youtube clip, then I can Add a new Link to my course page, and paste the specific youtube clip URL. When students click on that link, they will be able to view that youtube video, but they will be blocked from accessing any other youtube videos.
Simply add a new link to your page. (NOTE: You wont be able to add the whole domain name here, because this will allow any students with access to that course page unrestricted access to youtube at any time)