College Staff are now able to create their own Guest WiFi codes for their visitors to the College.
WiFi codes must only be created for temporary visitors to the College. Codes must not be created for or used by STAFF or STUDENTS. We do not issue WiFi codes to Parents, unless required for a meeting or function.
Staff can create a WiFi code in advance of a meeting or event.
Creating a Guest WiFi Access code
1. Go to the Guest Account Portal, which is available on myCollege -> ILT Services (For security reasons, you can only do this from the College)
2. Log in using your College credentials
3. Click on the button 'Create New Guest Account'
4. Complete the form, where you will need to provide the Guests name and an email address. Select whether you have an individual guest, or a group of guests. If you have an individual guest, then you can enter their email address, which will become their login. This also means that you can send the guest login directly to them via email once you have finished setting it up. If you have a group of guests, you can enter in a group name instead eg. 'Canteen'. The Guests will then use this as their guest login, but you will have to make a note of the login name for them. After you have set it up, you can use the form to email the details to yourself.
5. Select when you want to the account to become active by using the drop down menu, and then select an expiration option of 1 or 2. You have the option of selecting either a 1 or 2 day expiration.
The system will display the Guest Password. Keep this private. It's important not to give this password to students.
You may choose to email the code directly to the Guest, by clicking the link on the top right of the page. (only applicable if you entered their email address in the email field).
Managing your guests account
If your guest looses their guest password, or you want to extend the expiration. You can use the same Portal to view your guest access codes where you can reset the password or change the expiry date.
When you guest arrives, they will connect their device to the 'Campus Guest' WiFi network, and they will receive a popup window asking them to login. If they do not get this login window, or they are not able to connect to the internet, please ask them to open their browser, and go to www.stcuthberts.school.nz and they should be redirected to the login page.
Your Guest code will last for 2 days. After this time, if the guest returns to the College, you will need to create a new Guest Code.