Changing the Marking Scheme on a Class page
Whether you need to change the marking scheme to NAME grades, CART's or IB Formal Reporting scale etc., the following method will apply.
|WARNING: modifying the marking scheme AFTER you've Saved and/or Published results,
will delete them
If you have results that have already been entered;
see the below Helpdesk article to obtain a copy of the results, before you continue.
How to Export grades and comments to Excel [this link is under construction]
- Changing the Marking Scheme on a Class page will not make changes to any other classes with the same-named Assessment Item.
- If your change to the Marking Scheme is meant to apply across the entire course, discuss with your HOD/HOF, to update the Course also (see below).
Doing this now, will save you from having to fix it again every year.
On the Class Page:
- Click on the Actions button to the right of the Assessment Item and select Modify
- Scroll to the bottom (you may also modify other fields if applicable), click on the arrows in the field called Mark Type and select from the drop-down list
- For Letter Grades an additional field will automatically open, click on the arrows in the field called Grading Scheme and select from the drop-down list. Click Update to save your changes.